Are you interested in getting closer to nature? Do you like walking and sleeping under the stars - or under canvas at least? If you do, then a walking or hiking and camping holiday may be just the thing for you. A hiking and camping holiday will get you out in the fresh air, permit you to observe nature first hand and cost you very little to boot. In short, hiking and camping are the ideal blend, if you are looking for a healthy, low-cost break outdoors.
Not only that but you can either go alone with a couple of good books, take a lover, take a friend or take the family with you. All in all, you have many alternatives available to you if you want to trek off into the wild blue yonder on foot.
There are a few of ways of tackling a vacation of this sort. You can either book into a hiking and camping site or you can literally simply head off. If you have children with you then the camping site is a necessity, but otherwise the decision is yours, although it has to be kept in mind, that camping off site is or can be illegal. Trespass is absolutely illegal as is causing a nuisance of yourself, putting wild animals under stress for no good reason, damaging trees or property and littering.
So, if you are new to hiking and camping, you will probably be better off going to a hiking and camping site or park. Do not be put off by this thought, some of them are truly immense. Check out the Poconos and other national parks for instance.
There is no doubt that price is a factor in the choice of a camping holiday for many young people, but it is hardly ever the sole reason why people like to get away and sleep under the stars. Going back to nature and bird- and animal-watching are other common reasons.
If you fancy this sort of holiday, it is worth remembering that hiking and camping have become extremely popular pastimes of late. They always were well-liked, it is true, but they waned in the Eighties and Nineties, and are seeing a resurgence now. Therefore, do your homework, see where you would like to go, get some brochures or look on line and book up early. Yes, nowadays you have to book up early to get into the best hiking and camping sites again.
A final note of warning, if you decide to go off into the wilderness outside a park, let people know where you are. Take your mobile phone and a couple of fully-charged extra batteries and say when you are going to phone in that you are safe and make certain that you abide by it. It is very expensive if Air-Sea Rescue are called out on unnecessarily.
Copyright (c) 2013 www.acnepimplehelp.com
Studies show that teenage boys are more susceptible to developing severe forms of acne. This is also called juvenile acne and it is related to hormonal changes that happen in the body during puberty. The androgen hormones affect the hair follicle. When the hair follicle shrinks due to the effect of testosterone, the sebum gets trapped inside the skin glands and produces different forms of blemishes. The reason that teenage boys get more cystic acne than girls is that their androgen levels spike during puberty.
What measures can teenagers take to prevent and cure acne?
1. Wash your face only two times per day with a soapless soap from the pharmacy, or with a sulfur soap. Seek a dermatologist's advice and ask him or her to recommend one product for external use.
2. Drink 2-3 cups of green tea per day in order to get enough anti-oxidants and to get rid of toxins. Make sure that constipation is not an issue by drinking enough water.
3. Don't use a razor blade everyday as it can irritate your active acne and produce more scarring. Use an electric shaver instead and clean it after each use.
4. Go for sauna once a week if possible. It will help eliminate toxins faster and clear the skin.
5. Go for any type of martial arts. It will help stabilize the internal energy flow, which will also stabilize hormones.
6. Never pop pimples, and never touch your face with dirty hands.
Hormonal changes also happen in girls, but estrogen and progesterone levels are much higher than testosterone levels. Women that suffer from polycystic ovaries syndrome or PCOS usually have abnormal levels of testosterone.Dermatologists have also noticed an increased number of adult women are starting to get acne breakouts. Studies have shown that 50% of women older than 20 years of age are suffering from some form of acne. This is partially due to hormones, but it also has other underlying causes.
Causes of adult acne among women can include the following.
1. Hormonal fluctuations - Acne can be triggered by hormonal fluctuations that can happen due to various reasons. As women grow older, their hormone levels change. During perimenopause and menopause, testosterone levels start to rapidly increase. This is why many women over 40 that have never had acne, suddenly start to experience breakouts. But testosterone can also be high due to other reasons such as stress, unbalanced emotions, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, medications, birth control pill. A good way to balance hormones is to regularly drink teas made from plants that promote the natural production of estrogen and progesterone, such as liquorice root, vitex agnus castus, lady's mantle, yarrow, dill, sage, or primrose.
2. Emotional and mental stress - It is a known fact that stress hormones can lead to an increase of androgen hormones. Higher levels of stress hormones can also lead to other imbalances, including hyperthyroidism. Getting rid of acne will first require that you get rid of stress. The immune function is also greatly diminished during stressful periods, and this can definitely lead to more bacterial infections. A form of exercise 2-3 times per week, including martial arts or tai chi, can definitely help you cope better in stressful situations. Diet is also very important, as studies show that toxins can disturb our mental and emotional functions. Drinking valerian tea or taking valerian tablets once or twice a day can also be a good way of reducing stress and promoting relaxation.
3. Make-up and cosmetic products - Women use much more cosmetic products than men do. Unfortunately, most products don't rise up to the expectation, and can end up giving you worse skin than before. Many make-up and cosmetic products are advertised as non-comedogenic. That means that they don't trigger acne breakouts. Firstly, no product can guarantee that, as many acne conditions are triggered by different factors. These products sometimes contain almost 20-30 chemicals, so it's no wonder that a person's skin can react to at least one of these ingredients. Lastly, our skin is not supposed to be covered by anything, including organic products. Our sebum needs to reach the surface and keep the skin moisturized. Blocking sebum production can only lead to more acne breakouts in the future.Whether you are a teenager or an adult, don't be tempted to be too aggressive in trying to get rid of acne. Your skin needs time to heal from inside. Applying many products on the outside is not going to solve the internal problem. Also, it could lead to other health issues that can make acne seem like nothing. Accutane, a popular cystic acne treatment can lead to mental problems, liver failure, and even suicide. Talk to your dermatologist and choose only one product to apply to your acne for at least a month. In the meantime, it is important to change your lifestyle and keep a positive outlook on life.
It has to be said that the youth of today are unlike any other generation that has gone before them. They are physically growing at a pace never before seen and the average teen is head and shoulders above what they were thirty years ago. They are also developing and reaching into puberty much earlier than previous generations. However, while most of them look like adults by the age of thirteen, this doesn't give them the mental maturity to deal with all this throws at them.
Facilities for young people are not what they used to be and undue restrictions are imposed so that normal development is difficult. For many of us, growing up was a huge learning curve of excitement mixed with disappointment, scrapes and bruises healed with smelly iodine and back chat that was greeted with a back hander from an adult. I, for one, have to say this did us no harm.
Today's youth are growing up in a world that is so compensation crazy that their learning curves are straightened into soft, fluffy, cushiony pathways where people speak gently and soothingly and they have no adversity to learn any lessons by. At the end of that pathway, they are launched full pelt into an adulthood that in no way resembles their earlier years. And all this is our own doing so is it any wonder they struggle like they do?
Perhaps we would do well to give the youth of today some credit and maybe a helping hand that doesn't 'do it all for them' but helps them find the right path through life to become reasonable, responsible adults? This is possible in various ways.
Firstly, as their guides, we have their education in our hands. Some parents push their children into going away to university or college and other children willing go. Whichever way they end up there, it is damn hard work and despite all the stories of partying they still have lonely moments, thrust into the world of coping by themselves and working towards their degrees and their futures.
In France, there is a shortage of accommodation for students and this is the first struggle they have when leaving home to further their education. To this end, the government are lending them, and investors, a helping hand with the French leaseback scheme. Among other types of accommodation, the French leaseback scheme helps people invest in a property that will house one or more students throughout the duration of their education.
Providing the accommodation consists of certain facilities such as laundry and reception facilities, a property can be purchased under the French leaseback scheme in such a way that all the tax can be claimed back on the purchase price and also the accounts can be dealt with in such a way that all income can be offset and the rental income has much greater potential than a simple buy to let scheme.
With this in mind anyone, French or otherwise, who has the means, can purchase a property that can be let out to students and earn themselves a respectable income without actually having to live in the country. Management rates are reasonable so looking after the property is not an issue. Tax can be recouped and an income is secured.
This is one good way where we can support the youth of today and actually show them some backing. The French leaseback scheme is one that other countries Government's would do well to take on board. When young people leave home and take on the world as well as doing what they can to boost their education, ensuring there is a safe home for them during that time is a good start for them.